Crisp air, bright mornings, golden light – I think Autumn is upon us! Sometimes the start of this fickle season of blustery winds and sudden rain showers can be a bit miserable but here are 20 reasons why I love Autumn.
1. Back to school vibes – everyone’s feeling them so it’s the perfect time to stock up on stationery and kick start new hobbies
2. Deliciously cosy knitwear
3. Autumnal colour palettes – give me emerald, mustard, Crimson, deep blues… I love them all
4. Wake-me-up mornings. Sure I don’t want to get out of bed but with bright golden sunshine and a bite in the air it’s a damn good morning wake up call
5. Halloween – whether your vibe is fancy dress and dancing with death or scary movies and ghoulish snacks this holiday is always awesome… And a great excuse to release your inner goth
6. Pumpkin carving – so much potential, so much time wasted on Pinterest, so many pumpkin pie aspirations
7. Fireworks. Need I say more?
8. Crunchy leaves – natures answer to bubblewrap
9. Cosy nights in… Pretending that we’re sitting in front of a real fire
10. Sun chasing – stretching out the last of summery temperatures while sitting huddled on rooftops in clear denial
11. Mulled Cider… Or mulled anything really… Just all the mulling
12. Visiting galleries and exhibitions. When it starts getting cold outside my weekends move inside so I get so much better at checking out exhibitions I miss in the summer!
13. Early nights and fairy lights
14. Cooking comfort food
15. The Great British Bake Off! I am obsessed
16. Wearing thick cosy tights…
17. With big chunky ankle boots!
18. Red wine! I mean sure I drink red-wine all year round but in the autumn red is the only way to go
19. Finding the perfect winter coat
20. ALL the autumnal craft! This season is packed with holidays – perfect for making (yay)
What do you love?