Gallery walls (and my favourites of all – salon hangs!) are still gaining popularity (just check pinterest!) and they’re a gorgeous way to display photos, artwork, prints and even beautiful fabric collections. I love dressing walls to add colour and interest to a room and big blank walls are just screaming out to be filled with wonder don’t you think?
Here are my top tips for creating your own beautiful gallery walls in your home:
1. Size Matters. Mix up the sizes of your items on display to give your walls an interesting and eye-catching collectables feel
2. Mirror Mirror on the wall… Mirrors can transform tiny room and catch the light beautifully. A wall of vintage mirrors will double or triple your fun. Just don’t go throwing any stones…
3. Find your style. Whether you’re a monochrome addict or you can’t get enough of colour find your style and fo for it. Having a strong defined look gives your wall instant style. Consider which look fits best for your home, your style and what you’re wanting to display and then make it your own.
4. Mix It Up -photos, prints, artwork, DIY, maps… add everything and anything to give your walls beautiful variety and texture. You could even include empty vintage frames or create your own outlines using washi tape
5. Scale and Place. You could go dainty and just fill a small select area, or fill your walls from top to bottom (which looks particularly spectacular if you have high Victorian ceilings!). You could make the most of an awkward bare corner and turn it into something beautiful or let your display creep up your stairs telling a story as it goes. Gallery walls can suit a home of any shape or size to get playful and have a go – it might just make a room feel brand new!
6. Be playful. Your home should inspire you every day – your workspace even more, so find ways to refresh your space to move with your ideas and interests. I love this clever clipboard display from Oh Joy!