It’s just a few days until Crafternoon Cabaret Club goes on its very first tour to Southbank Centre in the Village Fair weekend! I’m so excited – and not just because there are going to be ALPACAS there as well as a CEILIDH and an amazing BAKE OFF.
It’s going to be a gloriously busy and bustling weekend so if you are coming down here are my TOP TIPS on how you should spend your time!
- Come and visit the Makers Market where we’ll have a stall from 11-4pm! We’ll be selling crafternoon fascinators (and I’ve included some sneak previews below) as well as amazing jewellery from Mollie Beth White. There will also be lots of other amazing stalls including one of my favourites: Le Shit Chic Boutique and Craftivist Collective
- Collage with The Make Escape – they’ll be around for the whole weekend running a drop in event where you can cut and paste to your hearts content
- Go Nuts For ALPACAS – Vauxhall City Farm are bringing Alpacas to the Fair – If you can get past me go and give them a hug!
- Make a Guilty Pleasures Badge. Drop into the Crafternoon Cabaret Club stall and share your guilty pleasure with the world by making your very own embroidered badge – awesome!
- Come to the CEILIDH! Kicking off at 6 with music and callers from Cut A Shine and Fitty Gomash – spin, skip, and do-si-do until the sun goes down!
- TWO WORDS – BAKE OFF. All the cakes are being submitted first thing if you’re an aspiring baker… or if like me anything you bake turns to charcoal the cakes will be out on display. I’m excited for the novelty cake round… the theme is countryside… I hope so much that someone makes a cowpat… with a welly in it… appealing no?
- Come to our Crafternoon Cabaret Club event on the Clore Ballroom from 2-4pm – it’s FREE and WONDERFUL! We’ll be making drinks charms, fascinators and decorating masks… there will be lots of sequins…
- Check out those handbells – they’ll be performing on the hour every hour. Epic quaint country FUN!
- Make Garlands and bunting with Brixton Makerhood. You have to sign up but what a brilliant way to get a more focused making workshop for FREE!
- SWAP – There’s a craft swap so bring along that fabric you’ll never use and those buttons that you bought too many off and swap ’em up for something inspiring, shiny and new!
All week I’ve been making fascinators for the Crafternoon Cabaret Club stall – here’s a sneaky peek just for you:
I’ll also be tweeting and blogging (or trying) across the weekend itself – join me @CrafternoonClub and @Parlourbird and check out #villagefair
See you at the weekend!!